.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

COOKIES!!

Yummy cookies! I have been on a baking kick. (I think it might possibly be because Brock doesn't want me to buy goodies anymore, but I like goodies too much.) Last week I made apple crisp 3 times. Although that was mostly because Julie sent us home a huge bag of apples. I also made my cornflake cookies (that was to entice my dad to come out and get my counters put in sooner... which worked by the way).

So Sunday was Brock and my 3 year anniversary. I asked him what he wanted and he told me homemadde oreo cookies. Well alright, I can do that! I didn't make them until yesterday though. But he LOVED them! He didn't want to share any so I had to make some more today for everyone else. Good thing they are super easy! Here is the recipe I used:

OREO COOKIES
CHOCOLATE COOKIE
1¼ cups flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cup sugar
½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
1 large egg
VANILLA CREME FILLING
¼ cup unsalted butter, room temp
¼ cup shortening
2 cups powder sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Preheat oven to 375°
  • Mix flour, cocoa, soda, powder, salt, and sugar.
  • Mix on low speed. Add butter then egg.
  • Mix until dough comes together in a mass.
  • take rounded teaspoons of batter and place on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
  • Slightly flatten dough with hand.
  • Bake 9 minutes.
  • Cool completly on wire rack.

* I used a ziplock bag with the corner cut to put the cream on the cookie.

* You can also do this recipe in a food processor, but I don't have one so I just used my mixer :)

ENJOY!

No comments: