.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

VEGAS!

Brock and I went to Vegas last month. (I know, slacker me)... We went for a card store conference thing. We sell Magic the Gathering cards, but we went to the SUMMIT to learn more about the business in general. We were in the minority there as most people were strictly sports cards guys. Some even went as far as saying that anyone who would sell MTG cards and the like are killing the business. I have no idea what that is about, but hey.. we still had fun!

We left on Sunday the 11th and came home on the 14th (my bday). My wonderful SIL, Skyla took my kids for me! They had so much fun in Salt Lake.

We wandered on the Strip Sunday night and again on Monday night. It was too windy so Treasure Island didn't do their show either night. That was disappointing. Monday night we walked down to Excalibur because Brock wanted to see the jousting show, but it was too expensive. We played in the arcade instead and won stuffed animals for the boys. Then we saw one of those places where you pick an oyster and get a pearl. Brock really got into picking them out. We got 3 HUGE pearls. Brock bought a necklace for my birthday and we had 2 of the pearls mounted on it. It is so pretty and I LOVE it! The third pearl is Brock's and we will get it put on a fish hook necklace or something.

Then as we were leaving Excalibur, there was one of those guessing booths. I decided to embarrass the heck out of myself and had the girl guess my weight. I knew she wouldn't get it since I am pregnant. She guessed way off. I am not going to embarrass myself further and tell the numbers though. You all will just have to wonder.

Tuesday night we just stayed at our hotel. We were at the Orleans, by the way. It is off the Strip, but there was a shuttle that dropped us at Bill's Gamblin' Hall, which is right across from Caesar's Palace.

Brock ate some awesome sushi (I guess it was awesome.. lol), and I ate lots of good food. Baby was pretty content with all the yummies.

It was a nice, relaxing vacation for both of us. Even though we all know I missed my kids like crazy!!